Sunday, January 10, 2016

What is up with Oprah

If you own a TV, you probably have noticed Oprah has joined Weight Watchers...

And that is okay.

What I have noticed during my recovery from binge eating disorder and diets in general is that everyone's journey is unique and there often are periods of rebound (back into dieting).

Will WW truly help her finally lose it all?  All signs point to no.  At least not in the long term.  Seriously - I can't wait to see what happens in three years.  Why?  Well, diets just do not work...especially not in the long run.  The vast majority of dieters who successfully lose weight end up gaining it all back (and often more) within three years.  Somewhere close to 97%!!!

I want you to be at your body's set point within three years.  Do you hear me?  Your BODY's set point...NOT society's or your brain's!  And you WILL get there - I garuntee it!  If you follow the EMB program.

That means you eat whatever you want when you are hungry and you stop when you are full.  You pay attention to your bodies signals.  At first you feel like its one giant binge...but it's not.  It's just you, allowing yourself all the things you didn't for so long.

And then you calm down.

Things start to click.

You start to notice that you don't like the sugar high and subsequent crash when you eat six cookies for breakfast.  You start to enjoy the taste of eggs again (not just egg whites).  You might even like to add a few vegetables here and there...

I know it sounds crazy.  When I started the EMB program.  I literally ate six cookies and cake for breakfast...for a long time.  And then I got sick of it.  Can you believe it?

It's true - when you ALLOW yourself exactly what you want, you don't need so much of it anymore!

My portion sizes got smaller...but I still ate with enjoyment.

That's my hope for you too!

Cheers!
Daniela


No comments:

Post a Comment