Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wanting what we don't have

Sometimes the grass seems like it would be greener on the other side of the fence.

If only I were .....

There are so many ways to finish this sentance but none of them will bring happiness now.  And life really is too short to wish and want something you don't have.

You could waste so much time wanting whatever it is you want...to be thinner, to be married, to have a different job.

What if you stopped living as if the answer was outside somewhere.
What if you started living as if you had to body you wanted.

I applied this to my life and eventually it helped me end up having the body I wanted.

I recently applied this to my love life.  What would I do differently if I were in a relationship?  I'd feel more content, relaxed and supported.  So I tried to cultivate those qualities.  I started to smile at people more.  I trusted in God to provide for my needs, which left me feeling more relaxed.  And ya know what?!  I started to attract more and more men!  Seriously, it was like they were coming out of the woodwork within 7 days of acting "as if."

What is it that you want?  How can you start acting as if you already had it?

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment